Tuesday, April 16, 2013

AWESOME ART ROUTE!

THE RACE TO FINISH MY SPACE:

I managed to finish my new exhibition space in the nick of time. Here are some before and after photos of my new extension which has virtually doubled my living space and provided me with a light filled room that will soon be a gallery, showcasing the work of the local artists.


Yay! I'm looking forward to fireside dinners with wonderful friends in my cozy new space. Good things are worth the wait! Roll on winter.....

THE ART ROUTE WEEKEND:

Pre art route coffee and rusks with Joshua and Angela Miles, Philip John and Jannie Uitlander on the Miles'stoep.

Donkey cart ride to the next exhibition....
Visitors streaming in....


 Chats....

THE CREW:
Val Myburgh
My fabulous friend and fellow book illustrator, Val Myburgh joined me as my guest artist. Her bright, quirky, playful paintings greeted everyone who stepped through the front door. Her highly patterned, illustrative style worked well with my 'tattooed' skulls.


Willem Hanekom
Willem Hanekom set up shop on the front stoep. He makes beautiful custom, handmade leather sandals, belts, wallets and so much more. His work is as beautiful as his gentle nature and unbelievable patience. Asana spent hours making jewelery with him and talked his ear off for 2 days solid. He's now officially rated as her new best friend :)


Quentin Green
Quentin Green enthralled visitors (and the rest of the art crew) with his array of musical instruments including didgeridoos, djembes and bows. Even my neighbor, Oom Manie, from the BBos Orkes, popped over to check out the instruments.


and me, Nikki Miles
Here are a few pics of the 'tattooed' skulls that I had on exhibition.


 For me, this was one of the best art routes! Till next time! Thanks to everyone for making it so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment